Comprehensive Women’s Health Program Using a Holistic Approach
May 01, 2016 09:49AM
by Dr. Sushma HiraniMany women are so busy with their careers, family and home that they have little time to care of their needs. Unfortunately, by not caring for themselves, women run the risk of becoming overworked, overstressed and, ultimately, ill to the detriment of their family – who they so dearly love.
Apart from female specific health conditions such as perimenopause and menopause, women are more prone to health issues such as hypothyroidism, hormone imbalances and osteoporosis that need to be monitored on a regular basis.
As women age, it is common to experience hormonal imbalances and experience a plethora of symptoms including: hot flashes, mood swings, fatigue, weight gain, bone loss, osteoporosis and vaginal dryness. For so many women, this list is all too familiar.
In addition to the regular pap smears, mammograms and breast examinations, it helps to take a more holistic approach to health care and work with a physician and health center that is passionate about preventing illness and optimizing health. Such a comprehensive women’s health program includes:
- In-depth evaluation of medical health history
- Regular preventive health screening including pap smears, breast screening, heart health including detailed blood tests and EKG’s, and bone health with a focus on preventive health and wellness
- Non-invasive thermography (digital infra-red thermal imaging) of breasts and other body tissues. This will help supplement routine mammogram screenings.
- Comprehensive hormone evaluation of thyroid, adrenal and female hormones and hormone-balancing, as needed
- Comprehensive nutritional and metabolic assessment to measure vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, essential fatty acids, cellular metabolism and detoxification capacity and mitochondrial health
Sushma Hirani, MD practices functional and integrative medicine at Rose Wellness Center in Oakton, VA. She specializes in women’s health programs, menopause and hormone balancing, and the treatment of chronic conditions such as hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and digestive disorders. Dr. Hirani and her staff believe it is important for you to understand your body and your health and take the time to address and answer all of your health questions. For more information, visit RoseWellness.com.
Join her for a free, live webinar, sponsored by Natural Awakenings from 6:45 to 7:30 p.m. on May 17 to learn more about women’s health and how you can take care of yourself in a more holistic approach. Reserve your spot at WomensHealthWebinar.Eventbrite.com.